Monday, September 13, 2010

Great Expectations

Only 5 more days until the Simulcast!!! Can you believe it?! Are you so excited? I know I am.

I've attended other Living Proof events and have heard Beth Moore speak at a handful of venues. Never have I been disappointed. My first simulcast that I attended was in Manassas, VA.

It was life-changing.

For starters, before that night I had never heard the song "In Christ Alone" not the one written by the former Backstreet Boy (Brian Littrell) but the amazing Gospel in song written by Stuart Townend performed best (in my humble opinion) by Beth's worship leader, Travis Cottrell.

As we were singing the song and I was reading the words I was so blessed I could hardly stand it. And I lost it. EVERY live event since that one (it was my first) I've been to where Beth has spoken, granted it's been like 3 or 4 maybe, but that song has been a part. Now, it could be a standard in their repertoire. I like to think it's Jesus giving me a great big hug. I'm hoping we sing it this weekend... do you know it?

In Christ alone my hope is found.
He is my light, my strength, my song.
This Cornerstone, this solid ground,
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace;
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease;
My Comforter, my All in All,
Here in the love of Christ I stand.

In Christ alone, who took on flesh,
Fullness of God in helpless babe.
This gift of love and righteousness,
Scorned by the ones He came to save.
‘Til on that cross as Jesus died,
The wrath of God was satisfied.
For every sin on Him was laid,
Here in the death of Christ I live.

There in the ground His body lay.
Light of the world by darkness slain.
Then bursting forth in glorious Day,
Up from the grave He rose again.
And as He stands in victory,
Sin’s curse has lost its grip on me.
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

On Christ the solid Rock I stand.
All other ground is sinking sand.
All other ground is sinking sand.

On Christ the solid Rock I stand.
All other ground is sinking sand.
All other ground is sinking sand.

No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me.
From life’s first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand.
‘Til He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I’ll stand.


This post is already long, I realize but there's so much MORE to say. Hang in there, friend... and if you feel the pressures of time, scroll to the end of the post and PRAY for your simulcast team!!!

I still remember the scripture Beth taught on at that first simulcast. Psalm 126. A passage that reminds us the Lord has done great things for us... a psalm that was written about the exiles leaving captivity... the whole message changed me and was the catalyst for a HUGE work of God in my life. Here it is for you...

1 When the LORD brought back the captives to Zion,
we were like men who dreamed.

2 Our mouths were filled with laughter,
our tongues with songs of joy.
Then it was said among the nations,
"The LORD has done great things for them."

3 The LORD has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.

4 Restore our fortunes, O LORD,
like streams in the Negev.

5 Those who sow in tears
will reap with songs of joy.

6 He who goes out weeping,
carrying seed to sow,
will return with songs of joy,
carrying sheaves with him.

Other events I've been a part of have been rooted deeply into my heart... At an event in Charleston, WV she taught a message called "His Love is Measureless" and at the end, we sang that precious old hymn "The Love of God." Incredible. At a Women of Faith Pre-Conference, she had us turn to a passage in Scripture that I had been wrestling through in my quiet time for 2 weeks prior. When she told us to open our Bibles to "my" passage, I nearly died. That's when you know it's time to listen. That message burns deeply in my soul: God has given you [each of us] a ministry, you are enough for that ministry. Showing God off is our ministry.

And now, here we are, about to be participants in whatever God is up to... I cannot wait to sit at His feet and soak in His word with you this weekend.

Psalm 5:3 says, "In the morning, O Lord, I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation."

So, this week for me is all about anticipation and expectation. I am anticipating a HUGE work of God in each of the lives of the 326 women registered to come and all the others the Lord will bring us. But not only am I looking forward to it with anticipation, I'm EXPECTING Him to show up and be HUGE. Why? Because He is God. He is Almighty. He is Omnipotent. He is able. He doesn't make mistakes. He has a purpose for gathering hundreds of thousands of women all across the nation and the world. I encourage you this week to PRAY for what He wants to do in your heart this weekend.

It has been my prayer for the past few weeks that each and every one of us walks out of that church a different woman than we were when we walk in there that morning. That God, through His Word gets into our hearts and our business and forever changes us.

Pray that He prepares your heart... let nothing distract you and change your plans... and then, my dear sister... EXPECT YOUR GOD TO BE HUGE. Come thirsty. Drink Deeply.

One last thing: Please be praying for the women of LEFC who are making this event possible... in no particular order and I beg you to forgive me if I have left a single one out...

Thank God for their ministry/servants hearts and pray His protection on their health and their families this week as they have many preparations to take care of before and on Saturday... that NOTHING would hinder the work God has planned and that they would be richly blessed...

Beth Schwartz
Ina Bunnell
Kathy Bewley
Julie Hurst
Sue Mitchell
Sharon Day
Molly Longo
Stephanie Painter
Scottie Griswold
Kaye Beachey
Amy Hackman
Valerie Metzler
Sharon Neal
Jen Rohrbach
Lois Steffy
Wendy Komancheck
Jen Neupauer
Kathy Friedberg
Laurie Conrad
Marie Acebo
Susan Wolfe
Susan Matteson
Angel Ludwig

Bonnie Martin
Kathy Bartel
Donna Reimer
Naomi Sensenig
Linda Page
Cindi Balson
Anne Heisey
Pat Shelly
Chris Shebish
Michele Martin


Expecting our God to be HUGE!

Katherine




2 comments:

Susan said...

Katherine,
Thank you for this blog and for your sweet words of encouragement!
I just found the blog this morning and absolutely love it!
GOD IS going to do the most amazing things on Saturday!!!!!!
My prayers continue for you and for the entire team. Special thank you to Kathy Friedberg for taking the baton of the prayer team to lead us into great victories!

BLESSINGS!

Susan

Ina said...

Katherine,

What an awesome recap of past events! At last year's simulcast Beth's topic was the desires of our hearts vs. our true heart's desire. I so relate to that breathtaking moment when you realize that God Almighty is talking directly to you! And I have a feeling that we will definitely be singing "In Christ Alone" at some point on Saturday!

I am awed at all the women of LEFC God has brought together to serve this weekend and so thankful for each one! And beyond excited at what the Lord has in store for us!!

Thanks for the support and encouragement. All glory to Him.
He is so faithful!