Wednesday, October 6, 2010

3rd Annual Harvest Hoedown


You'll never believe what I bought at a Lancaster Target the other day!


I got EVERYTHING I need for the Hoedown and Hoedowns to come...


In Target.


In Lancaster.


Not in the Halloween section.


Does that seem strange to anyone else? Anyone?


A western shirt, boots and a hat. In the regular clothes sections.


Y'all, I lived in Dallas, TX and never did I see any of these things in a Target. What kind of world are we living in?!

But, since it was Target, you can be sure I'll be cute :o)


In all seriousness, all you need is a bandana to feel a a little country.

You can get bandanas in any color under the sun for $1.00 at a Wal-Mart near you! In the accessories section, near the purses.


Also, since this weird western thing is apparently in some sort of style, you might be interested to know I have seen western shirts and boots at Old Navy, too.

You are not required to dress like you belong on an episode of The Lone Ranger (yes, I know what that show is!), but you're more than welcome to, and strongly encouraged to!


My favorite Western accessory is Big Texas Hair. Tease, spray, curl. Repeat.


Ok, seriously. I finally got to see this barn for myself last night.

It is FABULOUS.

And I am SOOOO excited for next Friday!

We sure do hope you can come.




Here are the event details:

3rd Annual Harvest Hoedown



At the Barn of Paul & Brenda Zimmerman

975A Lincoln Road, Lititz.

6:30pm-??


Please bring a finger food to share!



There will be

square dancing,

rope swinging,

western wearing,

big hair sporting,

friend making,

cider drinking,

snack eating,

prize winning

FUN!



Bring a friend, invite a neighbor!


If you're on Facebook, hop over to the Women's Ministry Facebook Event Page and let us know you're attending!




No comments: