Monday, October 11, 2010

Dogsitting in Boyertown

This weekend, my parents went to New York to visit my brother and his family. They asked me to stay at their house and watch their dog. Koko. A beautiful, loving, mild mannered Australian Shepherd.
Aaaaahhh... a much needed and appreciated "retreat" right here in the real world.

In the past few days, I...

Slept with a dog on my bed. He is SO not allowed to do that, but knows I won't kick him off.

Collected about 100 stink bugs in a container of Mr. Clean. They're dead now. But their 20 or so closest friends and family are still hanging around. Ew!

Visited my 91 year old great-aunt Margaret at the rehab facility she's staying at until she regains strength after a recent hospital stay. Today, I filed her nails and made some memories.

Watched the Phillies beat the Reds! Twice!

Missed church at LEFC on Sunday but just listened to the message online. So glad I did. I want to be a sold out disciple joining Jesus in His Movement, don't you? "Encountering Jesus on a daily basis and engaging the world around me for Him." Phenomenal message. You should definitely listen to it if you missed it. God is doing great things at LEFC!

Started reading a fabulous book called "Surrender to Love" by David Benner. It is so good.

Took a mid-term exam. Online. Open book. Lucky me.

Went to see "Life as We Know It." I haven't been to a movie in forever! It's the new romantic comedy with Katherine Heigl and Josh Duhamel. Very cute.

Thought about stuff. Perhaps you find that funny. I find that I need downtime to think. Long drives are great for thinking (and praying). Once, when I was in college, I was sitting alone in the dorm room. Just sitting on the couch thinking. No tv on, no books in my lap. My roommate walked in and was like. Are you ok? I said, yeah, I'm just thinking. She didn't get it. We had a good laugh. I did some thinking :o)

Thoroughly enjoyed the beautiful weather this weekend. The cool night air, the trees changing colors, gorgeous sunshine.

Aaahhhh... definitely needed a weekend like this. It's been a long time coming.

"Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him..." Psalm 37:7 (NAS)

No comments: